Sunday, May 11, 2014

Growing like Weeds & My Feelings on Mother's Day.







Griff is extremely proud of his yellow and orange birdhouse he and daddy made together.  Every morning at the breakfast table he asks, "any birds move in yet?"  The squirrels get to the bird seed long before the birds even have a chance.  We've planted some flowers in pots and every other day or so I let the boys water our new friends with their little watering can. Avett loves grabbing a handful of dirt as he passes by the plants shaking his head and saying, "no- no."  Every time we leave the house the boys go through the rock pile I've had them leave at the front door.  They want to bring "rock-o" with us wherever we go.  I find rocks hidden all over the house.

I love being a mom to these boys.  They are wild and crazy and so much fun to be around.  They are so loving and so good natured.  I wish I were a better writer, so that I could accurately describe the love I feel for them.  But it's unlike anything I've ever felt before.  It fills every part of my heart to have them near me and literally brings tears to my eyes when I see them light up.  When they run to me, excited to tell me a story.  When the baby brings me a book or a puzzle and plops his little body down on my lap.  When I see them playing together- laughing at one another.  I look at them and I see what life is all about.  They teach me of love and of humility and of patience.  They teach me to be kind and selfless when I'm really really tired and would rather just go back to bed.  They teach me about the world around us, so beautiful and so great.  For me, many things made sense once I first held my child in my arms.  I knew these boys were mine and I knew I must have done something right somewhere along the way to deserve such a privilege.  For they truly are my light and my saving grace.  I am so grateful for the way they continually change me.  For the way I continue to become something better because of these rascals.

I love you, boys.  Don't ever forget it.  Please stop growing like weeds.

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet miss. I love how much you love being mummy. And what a good one you are! More please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks. One day at a time. Today I wasn't such a great one.

      Delete
  2. So sweet Ash. Ya'll are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...